22 August, 2012

Stupid is as stupid does



Stupidity


How does one define stupidity?

I figure if I'm going to have a rant about it, I need to be able to define it. I think what I am referring to is the unnecessary absent mindedness that either makes one looks really silly or worse, affect the flow of how things should be. Those who know me will know exactly what I am talking about but until then, I refrain and hide behind talking in very vague terms in a hopefully somewhat whimsical way.





Oh dear!!! 


 Unfortunately, I don't think we have far to go to find it. But I think what's worse is that if you put up with said stupidity or you expect stupidity to change. The fact is that you are the one who is making this a self fulfilling prophecy. Enter despair.

So I feel like I have come to the cross roads. Either I accept status quo or I change it because whatever *this* situation is, it's not acceptable. The part I don't get the most is just how hard it is to just do the right thing just by having some present time consciousness. Stop blaming other people or the circumstances because when you finally take responsibility and grow up, a world of opportunities will be opening up. All it needs is focus and an appreciation that working for things and having things handed to us have two very different outcomes and define us in different ways.



And if all else fails, let's just be like Gen Y and blame someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment